Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 01:37 PM   #5
BrianA.C.E

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 30.2
State: Florida
THOR #4139
Issue Found and solved

I have been having problems with the toilet not flushing since I bought my coach used. I finally dug into it and found MY problem and also the venting system used on the 30.2
I will try to attach a drawing of the Black and Grey vent layout for anyone that is curious to how it is plumbed.
The Black Tank vent is attached to the Black tank with a Fitting that sticks down into the tank about an inch, so that was not my flushing problem and it was open with no way to slide down into the tank. The bathroom sink does drain into the Black Tank vent at sink height .
The Grey Tank vent is separate from the black tank vent until about 6ft up the wall then connects to the Black Tank vent.
I However did find my problem once I drilled a 1 3/4 hole in the end of the Black Tank to get a view from the inside of the tank, In my case the reason my toilet would not flush was the previous owners did not keep enough water in the tank or fill the Bowl up prior to flushing. there was a pile of petrified POOP under toilet pipe that was so hard it took 20 minutes with a high pressure spray nozzle to break it apart.
So my advice and solution to the toilet issue is always fill bowl all the way up prior to flushing #2, use RV Toilet paper, don't drain the black tank until FULL so water can keep POO from turning hard. if you can fill black tank up to the 2/3 full mark with water prior to departing on trip. at 2/3 full the tank will still hold a large amount of stuff and will keep everything nice and soft.

I apologize in advance for the drawing, I am no artist.
JEEP JKU
BrianA.C.E is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum