Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 06:58 PM   #1
Cherden

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum
State: South Carolina
THOR #3879
Cooling residential refrigerator overnight

Greetings:
Just bought a new 2016 Thor Quantrum yesterday, had the walk through, and have a burning question on how to cool the residential refrigerator overnight for an upcoming trip. Can't use the generator in my hood at night so it would have to be electric or battery. My walk thru guy said "all we had to do was access the panel, unplug the cord, (assuming its 110) and plug into an extention cord overnight". Now my issue is, I would have to run it out of the front door, up the driveway to get this done, while leaving the rv unlocked all night. Its not my neighbors I don't trust but sometimes we have people come through the community looking for unlocked doors.
I've read ALL the booklets, Whirlpool doesn't address this. I had no idea I would be having this issue, thought it would be like my last 3 rv's, propane & electric. My fault entirely for not doing my homework on the word "residential", thought it just meant the size of the frig, not how it works.
So far, this seems to be the only thing I'm upset about.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum