Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 03:59 PM   #14
Chateau_Nomad

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Finished removing my two 100 watt panels and installing three 200 watt panels. 200Ah LiFePO4 behind panels in storage (under bed). 3k inverter/charger. Removed factory converter in fuse panel to make room for battery monitor and remote inverter switch... just no other place to put those - did NOT want to run cables through a moving slide room!!

The only ones who see an RV roof are kids throwing rocks off freeway overpasses... and we try our best to avoid freeways when possible.

I'm no structural engineer, but I figure as tightly adhered as my panels are to the TPO, nothing's moving... OR leaking. There is a patch of Eternabond on the roof... the panel bracket is screwed (with a dollop of Dicor) through that... then covered with another patch of Eternabond.

After three years and no issues with the old panels, no reason to change my install method. The old holes are covered with Eternabond.

Next up... Give the roof a good scrubbing, and finish covering every drop of Dicor with Eternabond. AKA: "The Judge Eternabond challenge".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230525_153655751.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	42068   Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230525_153338682.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	42069  

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230525_153525672.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	42070  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum