Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 12:40 AM   #13
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
The cylinders themselves have a row of bolt-holes that can be used to adjust them up or down. They bolt into brackets that are welded onto the frame.

The vertical U channel that the cylinder is bolted to in the photo is what gets welded to the frame, and is part of the installation kit.

I have not looked into the HWH systems a whole lot. I understand they have some cylinders that are bolt-on. I plan on looking at all of the ones that show up at Hershey in Sep.

One thing I discovered about Quadra is that, they also have a chassis lengthening shop. Probably not as big as MorRyde, but I am hoping that gives them experience on where to locate the cylinders to keep the frame from twisting, etc. I might be foolish to assume that, but they are about 20 miles from the Four Winds plant. Not sure if they are OEM for Four Winds or not though.

They also build their own hydraulic cylinders in-house so hopefully they will have different lengths in stock that they can put on the coach to ensure the proper distance to the ground when traveling. I guess that is one of the advantages of having the factory install them.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum