Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 01:08 AM   #3
echuck66

Brand: Still Looking
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4634
Thanks Big Ben. Good to see fellow vets on here too (9 years USAF, not retired, but still...).

A lot of the questions we have revolve primarily around technology issues like TV and Internet, primarily Internet connectivity, since I'm a software developer and pretty much need a reliable solution for my work.

I understand that there are three primary avenues to take: satellite (not the fastest), cellular and wifi (not the most reliable).

Of the three, I'm leaning towards a cellular solution, but have serious concerns regarding the costs. What types of connectivity to most RV'ers that work on the road use? Our cellular provider is Verizon, and we're quite happy with their coverage, but the data allotment for our plans are rather limited (4GB / mo). Do the hotspot plans offer more data usage than the regular cell voice plans?

Regarding TV, we're looking at satellite TV and a Winegard dish system that tracks the satellites while on the move. How do these systems work in regards to the receivers and the multiple TVs on the RV, specifically the one outside? If a separate receiver is required, where do people locate it for the outside TV and how do you change the channels if it's located inside?

Thanks in advance for any answers you or others can provide.

Charlie

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.