Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 02:07 AM   #3
JDHoge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31F
State: Georgia
THOR #631
Our 2013 Four Winds works like yours: when on shore power the light stays on and can't be switched off; when disconnected from shore power the light can be turned off and this isolates the engine's battery so that it won't get drained down due to the operation of lights etc. in the RV. But we've only got one switch (no chassis battery disconnect) that controls the RV electrics. When underway, if we want to use the backup camera then the green light must be on (RV electrics activated). I was told that the engine running put out enough juice to power all but the AC which has no propane back up unlike the refrigerator and hot water heater that do and automatically switch once disconnected from shore power and/or not using the built-in Cummins generator.

I hope this is helpful.

John & Gail
Athens, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by don fryer View Post
New Member.

Didn't see any existing forum or thread on this topic.

2013 Serrano 34M. When I press the Coach battery disconnect, its light goes out. But when I press the Chassis battery disconnect, the light stays on and the engine still started. (Connected to shore power if that makes any difference.)

Shouldn't the Chassis battery disconnect light go out when I press its Disconnect? Even when connected to shore power.

Could it be maybe "just" a bad switch on the Chassis disconnect? (The Coach battery disconnect seems to be functioning; at least its light went out.)

Lastly, when my RV is parked for, say, 3 or 4 weeks, connected to shore power, I leave the Chassis & Coach batteries "On", i.e. I do not press the Disconnect switches. Is that the proper thing to do? Conversely, if I ever had to have my RV in "dry storage" (no shore power), I would press both of the Battery disconnect switches. Pretty basic, and correct, right?

Thanks.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.