Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 07:34 AM   #5
laberj45

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #4636
Miramar 34.3 problems

Just purchased a Miramar 34.3 (bunkhouse), one step below your Challenger, with major slide issues.

Our issue is with our full wall slide, which you do not have in your RV. It doesn't look like they have installed the 3Trax system in any of your slides. But let me share what has occurred with our new Thor Miramar...

It came with the chassis AC inop. I overlooked due to the 60 degree weather and not turning it on during my 5 hour walk around. It had a number of other issues - but no big deal as we figured there would be "new RV issues" (this is our second experience buying a new RV).

Now with the BIG issue. After camping on our first weekend, we found that the slide was not extending/retracting properly. After an entire day talking with Thor techs (some of which got impatient with us) - we were told to bring it back to the dealer at 200 miles away...

We subsequently found that our 2017 Miramar was sold with an antiquated 2 track system found on the 2015 Miramar's vice the 3Trax system advertised in the brochure. Now we have the dealer doing "arts and crafts" on our brand new RV - leaving all the QC to me..... This made our experience UNSAT. The dealer has made efforts to make us feel better - but the fact remains that our RV was sold to us with older parts (or at least not the newer standard options that it was supposed to come with).

I have had no contact with Thor management thus far - but hoping that my posts start to get their attention soon. We are looking to discuss a warranty option on our now fabricated RV. Will keep you posted on how Thor stands by it's manufacturing deficiencies.

Good luck with your selection, and I hope your purchase goes well. Do share this Thor experience with the dealer during your negotiations. Significant QC issues going on at Thor at the moment and somewhat questionable customer service for no one from Thor to be calling us and explaining their mistake. The dealer service manager has been the only person to call repeatedly - and is truly trying his best to please us.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.