Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 03:13 AM   #3
neeliec

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
Hello John & Diane!

Thanks so much for your reply to my question about changing out the dinette/sofa in our 27K. I know the "L" part of the sofa has a mess of stuff underneath and it would create a huge job to try to relocate any of it.

My thought had been to maybe cut out the longer portion of the sofa to fit a small couch/loveseat, and then to build or have built some kind of solid surface to be placed on top of the remaining "L" part (that is no longer an "L") - making like an end table and a place for a lamp.

My problem is that I am constantly dreaming up ideas, and many of the are just not that do-able!

Some other real nice folks who own a similar coach shared with me some directions for bumping out the sofa area while keeping the bathroom wall section with all the electrical, converter, wiring and all the other stuff intact. It sounds a lot like what you have done.

They extended the sofa (on the longer section) out a few inches, building up the underneath support. Then they reupholstered the now-wider sofa cushion with thicker foam and a nice patterned material. I like your idea of hinging the seat for easier access, and moving the electric plug. We don't plan to use this area as a bed, and don't care if we have to give up the "dining" table leg holes. We use folding tables for eating and doing other things.

Your project seems like it's not too complicated a project, but we just haven't pursued this avenue yet. We are still thinking on many different ideas, but nothing so far is an easy fix!

Thanks again for your reply!

Eileen in AZ

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum