Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 02:45 AM   #24
Smitty8934

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #816
Like I said that fifth wheel is gone. Our new motorhome does not have that issue when plugged into the garage anymore. The GFI doesn't trip with this RV when plugged in whether the pavement is dry or wet, although I still use the plastic blocks as I don't like the leveling jacks directly on the blacktop. Can't tell you why the fifth wheel would trigger it but it usually did it when the pavement was wet and once I used something with an insulating effect between them I was fine. Anyway that's gone and I still use the plastic blocks. Your probably correct too about the voltage of a lightning strike you may just be kissing your electronics away if that happened.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum