Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 01:02 AM   #5
Sundance

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 38sq
State: California
THOR #4598
Exploring the Viability of towing a 2009 Honda Civic (Cont)

My Owner’s manual states the following:
If, due to damage, your vehicle must be must be towed with the front wheels on the ground, do this:
· Start the engine
· Press on the brake pedal. Move the shift lever through all its positions
· Shift to D position for 5 seconds then to N
· Turn off the engine
· Release the parking brake
· Leave the ignition switch in the ACCESSORY (I) position so the steering wheel does not lock
Improper towing preparation will damage the transmission. Follow the above procedure exactly.
With the front wheels on the ground, do not tow the vehicle more than 50 miles, and keep the speed below 35 mph.

I also went to the both the 2012 CR-V and 2014 CR-V, vehicles that are among the most popular toads on the road, Owner’s manuals and found they were much more abbreviated than the Owner’s Manual for my 2009 Civic. The 2012 and 2014 CR-V Owner’s Manuals reads as follows:
· Improper towing such as towing behind a motor-home or other motor vehicle can damage the transmission.

Traveling your point is well taken but I'm not there yet. Ty, I haven't got to Remco yet. I'm aware of them and will them out next. Thanks to all for the feedback. Please keep it coming.

Tr

T

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum