Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 01:25 AM   #13
petef

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceFitz View Post
Will likely do that. Will be bringing the coach to an authorized dealer anyway. Went out to retract the slides and the front living room slide is making a wicked rubbing/grinding sound and the long slide on the same passenger side won't retract. Getting very disappointed with this coach. Doesn't look like they have any Q.C. at Thor. When we went to pick it up there were water leaks under each sink. The hot water heater didn't work. Various cabinet doors didn't shut. The latch on the sliding door to the bedroom doesn't hold when you are travelling. The control unit for the TV's and audio wasn't connected. Two of the chairs for the dinette were missing. Because there was no hot water we couldn't use the shower. On our trip home we stopped on the first night and took a long awaited shower. When we went to the front of the coach we had a flood. The faucet control on the shower was leaking. There was no seal around the panel screwed into the wall that the faucet was attached to. The shower floor is so soft that if you step near the drain in the middle, the floor sinks to where it pushes the trap into the floor underneath. That ended up putting pressure on the connections and causing a joint to break. Now I can't get the slide in. It is a cable system. The Thor advertisement and promotional video says that they upgraded to only electric slides on the 2014.5 models. That is the model we were told we were purchasing. I called Thor. Their service tech/advisor was very nice and treated me well. He had me try a couple of things to see if we could get the slide to work. They didn't work and now he wants me to disassemble the trim around the slide to get at some kind of control to see if it could be adjusted to make it work. I really don't want to start tearing the coach apart. If I do and it still doesn't fix anything, I just have a bigger mess. Going to see if they can arrange to have a mobile service come out to get the slide in. I didn't spend $125k on a coach to have to rebuild it to make it serviceable.

welcome to the club! I only spent 80k but must spend $$$$ more to make the coach livable and drivable. We basically bought a shell..

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum