Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 11:52 PM   #15
The Guidrys

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34F
State: Louisiana
THOR #2073
Very interesting problem

Just returned from a 1400 mile round trip to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge TN with a strange generator problem.

Now, I had a similar issue last summer while heading west to the Grand Canyon, and just thought it was getting overheated when it shut down, so I didnt' think anything of it... until this past week...

My Generator from day one runs fine...while boon docking. No issues until Im driving down the highway and cross a bridge with any type of jolting bumps.

Its showing a 36 error code. So I checked all the items in the manual. Air cleaner, spark plug wires, spark arrestor. It happens whether the fuel tank is full or 1/4 tank.

I looked under my coach to find a 5/8 fuel line from the tank with a 5/8 - 1/4 splice to a 1/4 fuel line to the filter and fuel pump. I found it odd, so I refferd to the installation manual and it stated it requires 1/4 fuel line or greater to operate correctly.

I checked the wiring to the fuel pump to be sure there were no loose or broken connections.

So Im debating weather to check the splice to see if it was "CRUSHED" during installation, then verify if the fuel pump is pumping the correct PSI for the generator to run correctly. I just may schedule a service appointment since its due for its PM, and let my extended warranty deal with the issue especially if its indeed a failing fuel pump.

Thoughts anyone?
Montz, Louisiana
The Guidrys is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.