Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Remove Bunk
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 01:33 PM   #4
mrsempeel

State: Alaska
THOR #3993
On ours, the top board under the mattress was not nailed at all to the frame. Lower the bunk into the couch set up. Tilt, just the top board away from the frame and very, very carefully maneuver it at an angle so you can turn just that board vertical and take it out of there. Then you can see the two bolts holding the bunk in. Put something (a 2x4 under the frame so the bunk doesn't drop and remove the two bolts. Now, there is no way of getting the rest of the bunk out without removing the front and back trim panels. First you take out the screws and then (they are also nailed on) I pried those two edges off with a mallet and crow bar. Once they are off you can turn the frame upright and remove it. If you're careful your bunk can still be reassembled at anytime. I'm cutting mine down to go back into the same place, but it will be a 4-5 inch wide shelf all the way around!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum