Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 08:34 PM   #5
davidgebo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #1466
jensen radio

Thanx again, jamiegeek for the info on the radio. I did some research locally, and the Soundcrafters store in Daytona beach has installed quite a few Kenwood receiver/3 camera/CD/nav/bluetooth systems in motorhomes. he also says the Jensen unit is problematic, and a very cheap, entry-level unit that manufacturers install to save a buck. I also contacted CW, and the service guy stated the same thing, which I suspected all along, anyway. The Jensen really was difficult to use, had poor reception, and sound quality, and difficult to program, and was not Sirius ready. Research I have done on the Kenwood indicates a much superior system. Quoted about $800.00 for the unit, and 1 Hr. for install. I have done much car and truck repair over the years, including sound systems, but I think, due to the complexity of the cameras and my general ham-handedness, I will let them do the install for $75.00. I think the warranty will be worth that, anyway. Happy camping.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.