Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 12:32 PM   #10
JDHoge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31F
State: Georgia
THOR #631
Here are three photos of the repair we made.

The first shows a standard 1 and 1/2 inch extension has been added to the floor fitting. I bought a 6" extension but cut it off to about 3".

The second shows the relocation of the factory installed baffle.

The third shows the strap that I put in to help keep the upper fitting from being pulled down and out of place.

Oh, and you will see the new two piece hose clamps that were recommended as a stronger means to keep the drain hose solidly attached at both ends.

We operated the slide only 4 times since attempting this fix, and if you look carefully you'll see that both ends of the drain pipe are slightly dislocated (i.e., no longer fully inserted). This drain hose movement happened on the first in and out sequence of the slide and did not get worse or grow as we cycled the slide several times more.

if this set up/fix fails I'll report back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	1196
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	103   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	684
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	104  

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	599
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	105  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum