Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 10:00 PM   #12
JDHoge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31F
State: Georgia
THOR #631
I agree that the Thor hose looks like a pool hose that goes to a sand filter but the Thor hose is a good bit heavier even though it doesn't have to handle pressure (go figure). It is also less flexible and certainly not stretchable. IMO it was a bit short to start with, hence the pulling out of the fitting at the sink drain. Also the threaded attachment nuts had a built in flange which a plumber said "never worked that well."
Everywhere I looked/asked not a soul had a slightly more flexible or slightly longer hose with the same male end fittings. So that is why I finally decided to simply extend the existing floor fitting with the white PVC and also replaced the one piece nuts with two piece units that supposedly hold better. The top strap that I installed was my attempt to add a little more resistance to the pulling action that comes at the end of the slide extension.
I know that none of this is elegant, but perhaps it will work. I'd like to see better solutions if they exist!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum