Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Tire pressure
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 08:58 PM   #13
tagger_99

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 23H
State: Indiana
THOR #4760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Well, it appears you are reading table correctly.

So the question is to what end do you want to change air pressure?

The table is for "minimum" pressure, but you can go higher if you want to lower rolling resistance (which in turn makes ride harsher), or to improve handling, etc...

On my van with larger tires I could run 40 PSI front and rear according to table, but instead run 55 PSI front and 60 PSI back. Much less than that seems low, plus makes the van drive a little too loose.

If it were me, I'd start at factory pressures on placard and then wouldn't drop it too much from that.
Well good to know I'm reading the chart correctly, there sure is a lot of room between the low and high end of the PSI range, not an exact science I guess.
Lower rolling resistance and better fuel mileage, handling all those are something to shoot for in my book.
My tire pressures according to the tire monitor after things had warmed up this morning were fronts 78psi rear 73 psi, I like the way it drives, so I guess I'm in the ball park.
Chance and all the others that contributed to my learning experience, I thank you !

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.