Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 08:18 PM   #20
peterpam1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #4785
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieL64 View Post
We finally made it home safe and sound after being stuck for 7 days. I could not get Thor to work with the mobile RV repair shop to pay the bill. They said I would have to pay and they will reimburse me. I had no choice but to do it if we wanted to travel safely. It cost $996.00 to fix the line, I had to charge it. The mechanic was blown away by how crappy the hydraulic line was. It had pinched between two things, he showed my husband where it happened, and blew a hole in it. He rebuilt the line with a much better quality hose and encased it so it won't happen again. He also had to secure all the other hydraulic lines as they "were dangling" around. He did say that if this let go by the engine, we would have caught fire. Needless to say, that scared me to death. We now have an appointment on August 31st to go to the Thor factory and get our growing laundry list of problems fixed. AND when I arrived home, we had just had our driveway sealed, and wouldn't you know it when I backed into the parking spot, our RV spilled diesel fuel all over our brand new sealed driveway. Does anyone know about this problem with the overfill from the tanks on the Super C's spilling out? This is unbelievable.
welcome to the joys of Thor ownership. Since 1977 I've owned 3 class c Tiogas, 2 Storms, a Concorc and a Monarch. 2 years ago I bought a 27 ft Windsport by Thor. it has had more problems and a thicker repair file than all the previous vehicles combined. Unlike Fleetwood and Monarch, Thor seems to feel NO obligation to redress problems or support the suckers who foolishly bought their product -- and they don't work well with dealers either. my advice : unload that nightmare, and purchase something from a different manufacturer. Believe me when I tell you, this is just the beginning of the upsets you'll encounter trying to get any redress from Thor.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.