Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 09:04 PM   #12
Stan fowler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #1812
Doc- a simple answer is : search out all the fasteners and remove ! Front most piece is held by the vent covers, remove dash computer shelf asm, which holds down the next piece , as well as some hidden fasteners under the instrument cluster, rearmost pieces are held by fasteners along the sides. You do not have to totally remove and disconnect the instruments and center stack - just get loose and move aside. There is one attachment I had to pull out of the wood - looked like it was screwed in before the cover was attached -techs I saw doing the same job did it the same way.

This is not an easy job and not for the faint of heart, but nothing really complicated for someone experienced in working on cars. ( much easier way to get at back of radio is through removable access panel right above radio ...&#128516

All told it was probably a three day job - but I don't work very fast anymore ( lot of breaks...). But I would do it again- on my V8/6speed Vegas....😆

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.