Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 02:17 PM   #4
Arby

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Ontario
THOR #2441
I take it you mean the weather stripping around the windows and not insulation. I had leaks around the passenger window and I discovered the seal was good but the screws that held the trim to the window were loose and some heads were broke off.I re-torqued/replaced (no more leaks) and I now I have to fix all the bubbles in the wall. Also the manufacture supplied seal does not seal correctly where the front fiberglass cap meets the box and I had to add an additional strip of weather stripping to have a proper seal

In addition when I did this I discovered there is no insulation at all above the overhead bed and front fiberglass cap. In the space between the fiberglass cap and the ceiling above the overhead bed it was so hot I could not touch the aluminum frame. I put R12 fiberglass up there and now the front cab is much cooler and quieter so next time they are working on any of your front side windows inquire about insulating the front cap.

Also the night shade is fastened to a piece of plywood (header covered in simulated leather). This header is only held in by three screws. It bounces around a lot (noise) . I created and installed a frame to the header and now the header is solid.

I am in my second year and I hope to have all the engineering deficiencies and poor workmanship cleaned up by this Fall.

My wife is so disgusted and discouraged that she wants to sue Thor to compensate me for many many hours and material costs required to get this coach in the condition it should have been when we first bought it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.