Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 09:49 PM   #8
bolandd

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Vegas 24.1
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3973
Steering Damper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopshop View Post
I have a 2015 axis 25.1 with very bad steering control. I called Gary yeoman's ford at the Daytona auto mall for a appointment . they brought it in this last Monday for a alignment. I told them I had a lot of play in the steering wheel constantly correcting it. after they got it on the rack they came out and said the toe was off so bad the machine would not read it until they twisted it back two turns. my axis only has 32,000 miles on it. they fixed it and checked the rear axle to make sure the frame was welded back straight after thor stretched it , all was well. I took it for a road test and what a difference , it tracks perfectly straight. I then bought a safety plus steering damper on line for 347.00 with the bkt kit and installed it my self the same day. Gary yeoman's wanted 950.00 for the kit and installation . I can now drive down the freeway with two fingers no more steering wheel play, passing semis I barely feel .
Hi ChopShop - can I ask where you purchased the safety plus?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum