Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 10:08 AM   #8
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
....cut.... This shocked me a bit until I thought about it. I think the philosophy is "why spend money to make something right, if the customer does not seem to care about it?". Once again it all comes down to economics.

Ken
I agree Ken, but also think we do care about quality if at a reasonable cost. However, it's hard to express our desire for better products when there are few choices to pick from.

This issue reminds me of the superior fit and finish that Japanese cars had initially over Ford, GM, and Chrysler. It was only after Americans started buying Japanese autos at a slight premium price in order to get better fit and finish, better ergonomics (attention to details in design), and improved fuel economy that American auto makers improved quality.

In business companies only have to be better than their competition, and in the RV business there doesn't seem to be enough competition in the area of quality to force a higher standard. They are selling just about everything they can make, so why change if we keep buying their products.

Granted, it's complicated because higher quality does cost more, and apparently manufacturers think we buy based more on size and amount of content than on the quality of the product.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.