Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 07:40 PM   #15
FollowTheSun

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjaysnest View Post
We have an Axis 24.1 and carry the panels on the rear beds for now. Home made 3/4 inch pvc stands. I mounted the Trimetric, Midnite Solar breaker box and Morningstar controller where the optional 32 " TV would go.
When I complete the system this winter I'll post pictures.
The 2 100 watt panels are from Missouri Wind and Solar via ebay.
Check here for our last solar install: Woodalls Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: The "nest" and it's loads
And your right " old age ain't for sissies"
Excellent use of that space where the optional TV would go. Also it just donned on me what you meant when you stated "shading panel" such as a small shadow cast across one or more of the cells on panel. Since the cells in these panels are wired in series, such a shadow reduced the entire panel to efficiency of the shadowed cell. Yes, indeed that is another issue to watch for, and given the roof-space available on the Sprinter, that issue might kill my roof-top installation hopes. I looked over your 2010 load estimates and measurements. I am using the same load-estimate methodology. I also notice you wired with 10 and 8 AWG. I was planning to use 6 AWG, but I noticed from your parametric data that your system maintains a good charging voltage, particularly during the afternoon. I also like your use of the TriMetric instrument. Are you planning to keep the same wire gauge as before? I look forward to seeing your pictures.
The was something else somebody told me about old age ... but I seem to have forgotten what it was.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum