Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Landing gear
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 02:01 AM   #6
hardinkr

Brand: DRV
Model: Dallas
State: Texas
THOR #3440
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTonDodgeman View Post
Just had that same problem on our last trip,I posted on the Suites site,waiting on some replies,but will keep looking here also
We had this situation happen to us last month while we were at the DRV Factory in Howe for other repairs. I am very happy it happened while there because it would have been very difficult to transport for a long distance while trying to keep the landing gear tied up using straps and hoping nothing broke allowing the gear to go down. We had to transport from Howe to Lippert in Goshen for replacement of the front jacks. We had no warning there was any problem developing as we have had the RV for 18 months and have had no issues with landing gear or hydraulic slides and the oil level was still at the same mark as when we took delivery. There were no leaks on anything to the outside that we could see. It was all internal and going back into the reservoir. Lippert replaced the front gear with no questions. They had to add extra frame work for the gear to attach to and if I remember correctly, replaced the orriginal gear rated for 9,000 lbs with larger diameter gear rated for 14,000 lbs. The gear operates slower than before but hopefully will not fail again. Lippert said they have no issues with the larger gear. The upgrade to the new gear took almost 2 days to complete and requires removal of everything in the basement including propane tanks, batteries, hydraulic pump and all compartment walls around this equipment. It was a difficult job and we are happy with the final results.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.