Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 01:38 PM   #3
breenw

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
THOR #4813
Yes we drove it off the lot. We picked it up when it was lightening and raining up so we did not crawl around on the roof. And yes, we had already closed on the deal 2 weeks prior as I stated in my post. I doubt everyone who buys a brand new rig crawls around on the top when they sign the papers and pick it up. Our walk-through was inside the trailer and around the outside but we didn't know this was on the roof as we didn't climb up there. Didn't know it was necessary that we should need to do that on a brand new rig. CW also said they had 2 service people that "went over the unit again with a fine toothed comb" so we took them at their word. Husband finally got a return call last night from the new service manager at CW who asked us to bring it back and they would fix it today. We dropped it off last night after they had already closed and parked it under their canopy. Husband is going down there this morning to see exactly what they have in mind. I'm sure they think they will just fill it with some type of caulking but that's not acceptable. Not sure why you think this couldn't have happened at the time it was in the factory. How could that be done when it is on a sales lot? It appears to us that it was not damage but poor workmanship as there is nothing in that direct vicinity that someone would need to affix or repair something once it reached Camping World.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum