Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 02:59 PM   #1
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Easy mods to help keeping your RV cool

Since the temperature is supposed to top 100 degrees in the mid West over the next week, and there has been some discussion of cooling your RV in the forum, I thought it would be a good time to talk about any cooling issues that people are having and any "fixes" that they have come up with.

I traded my 2014 Vegas in for a a 2016 Axis this Spring and in the process went from a 15,000 btu A/C to the smaller 13,500 btu A/C, so I have been interested in quick and easy things that I can do to help my smaller A/C cope with the heat.

Heating and cooling is a lot like dieting, it is not just how many calories you put in, but how many calories you burn. Obviously, the less heat you let into the RV, the better chance you have for the cooling system to cool to your requirements. RVs are well enough insulated that at night or if you can get under cover during the day, the cooling system is adequate - pretty much no matter what the outside temperature. It is only when the RV is out in the direct sunlight and the RV skin is heating up and the heat pouring in every opening that the real problems arise.

While it is hard to add insulation to the whole RV, they are many other areas where there are relatively quick and easy fixes that can really help to reduce your inside temperature on a hot day.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum