Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 03:23 PM   #7
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I do all the same with the foil when our Axis is in storage: Have 3 big pieces for the front 3 windows, cut up the small piece for the skylight above the shower and put the same foam "plugs" in all the hatches.

I've found that the industrial velcro doesn't hold so well when the RV gets hot (this is in storage so the A/C isn't running). Thus all my attempts to use velcro to hold the foil on work for a few days. My shower skylight cover always falls off now.

My goal for storage, though, is a little different: I'm not trying to keep the heat out I'm trying to keep the UV out. Keeping the UV out will help to prevent the interior fabrics, trim, etc. from fading over time.

I don't use our Sunguard while in storage because I don't want that to deteriorate that quickly either--we use it extensively when camping though.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum