Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 04:05 PM   #10
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
i ordered a roll of reflectix from amazon. You can buy it by the roll at lowes or home depot too.
It's basically bubble wrap with a foil coating on both faces

Carefully cut to fit pieces for every window and every roof vent. Cuts easy with scissors or box knife. No need to treat the edges in any way

For the larger windows, it's easy to tape both sides of the seam with foil tape.... like the stuff they use for HVAC duct.... as in duct tape (not to be confused with duck tape)

For the roof vents, I carefully inserted two push pin thumb tacks in the sides of the face frame opening with a little glue, to form little "knobs" that serve to hold the stuff up. Still falls out sometimes since I only put two in each vent. (reminds me I need to do it again for the new fan I installed)

For the windows, I cut it carefully to fit snuggly inside the frames and the reflectix is stiff enough to stay in place.... although I pull the house window blinds down behind it and they really hold it in place..... & I suppose it also hides the ugly shiny foil from view when inside the coach.

I did all this for storage, but we have been tempted a few times to put them in for the heat while camping too.....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.