Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 09:57 PM   #20
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
I'm not judging anyone here -- what's important is that we are happy with our motorhomes.

I'm not a big believer in following others' "upgrades" because we have such different needs and preferences. One person's upgrade can be another's mistake.

As a simple example, think of one driver who likes a soft cushy suspension like old Cadillacs, and another that prefers a stiff sports-car-like suspension. If you started out in the middle with a suspension that is "average" in stiffness so it appeals to more people (let's call it factory tune) then "upgrading" in either direction will make one driver happy and the other less so.

In my opinion suspension tuning is all about compromise, and when you "upgrade" one area I'm pretty sure you will take a step backwards in another. Unfortunately many owners address only one issue and disregard the negative impact fixing that one issue has on other characteristics, yet they claim success. Yeah, it's success to them but it may not be to others.

No doubt stiffer springs and or sway bars will reduce body roll, but what else are you sacrificing for that upgrade? And is it worth it to you rather than going by what others like?

Just saying nothing is that black and white when making modifications.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.