Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 10:36 PM   #23
Scott

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Michigan
THOR #2780
I have also found this thread interesting. Right now I think our a/c unit just isn't producing cold enough air period. I think there may be a refrigerant leak. I'm wondering if there's a way to quickly check the unit to see if there is a leak. If one were to turn their a/c unit down to say 70 degrees, could one take a thermometer and place it in one of the overhead vents and read the temperature? What would or should the air temperature be?

The 27' travel trailer we sold to purchase this unit had a very good a/c unit on it. It had no problem cooling the trailer down. On a trip to Yellowstone many years ago, we stopped at a state park in Minnesota for the night. It was absolutely miserable. Temps in the low 90's with humidity reading about the same. I turned the a/c and then we took the kids swimming. When we came back the entire outside of the trailer was covered in water like it had been raining. The whole trailer was cold enough for the water in the outside air to condense on the trailer. Now that was an a/c unit.

I also read the thread about adding different types of shades and vent covers. I'm also going to look into some of those as well. I probably need to see if I have a 13,500 btu unit or a 15,000 btu too.

Thanks for all the info.
Modified w/ a wheelchair lift
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.