Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 12:38 PM   #19
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Neal View Post
It's always best to keep the heat out in the first place. I use a Sunguard shade on the exterior of the windshield and then I place those folding reflective shades underneath the the Sunguard shade. That keeps the sun from penetrating the windshield and therefore the infrared heat out. I also use the privacy shade for additional insulation.

I have painted the skylight in the shower so that virtually no light gets in, thus eliminating it's greenhouse effect. I first painted it with a dark brown to block light penetration and then covered that in white paint to reflect the light and heat.

When it's really hot I keep the slide outs closed, thus reducing the space that needs to be cooled by the A/C.
That's an idea I had not thought of, keeping the slides closed or closing them when you leave to reduce the space that needs to be cooled. In the Axis, you can close the pocket door from the bathroom and redirect all the cooling into the front of the RV. If you do that and leave the slide in, you have a very small amount of space to cool. Cool.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum