Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 05:30 PM   #9
NC Hauler

Brand: DRV
Model: 36RSSB3
State: West Virginia
THOR #4763
David, I do understand all the variables. Been towing RV's for 41 years and have done exhaustive research on every move I've ever made. Being an old school engineer who has worked in design as well as R & D, I'm a spec man to the nth. degree, also OCD on about everything I do. I couldn't have made statement's that I did about 1 ton dually's a little over 3 yrs ago that I can today. It's a well known fact what you would have needed a HDT or a MDT for some towing just 4 yrs ago that may not need either of those 2 options to HAVE to tow with today,up to a certain weight.. Good research with pertinent information, simple math and common sense is all one really needs to match what one is towing to what one is going to tow with.

To each his own..Our "other car" is a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Ltd....all we need and want, getting up to 30 mpg.
Like you, we have what we need and want...I just can't accept what some preach on this forum...that you need a MDT or a HDT to tow 17K up to 21K...and if someone doesn't agree with that, all the MDT's and HDT's, all gang up on the person who states other alternatives and makes them feel very unwelcome on this forum...such is the reason I haven't posted that much on here..

At almost 66 years of age, I keep an open mind...some in here don't want to do that.

I respect your opinion, though I know mine isn't on this forum...just letting others know, considering some GVW's on 5er's and TH's, there are alternatives today other than a semi to tow with.

Jim

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum