Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 02:16 AM   #12
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
I am not sure if your camera is active all the time or not, but typically the camera function for these radios are for a backup camera that is powered only when you are backing up. Remember, these are not really RV stereo systems, but rather general purpose car stereos.

Often the camera power comes from a wire from the vehicle to the stereo or directly to the camera that indicates when the vehicle is in reverse gear.

If the rear camera stays on all the time rather than only for backup use, it may be that the camera power wire is not wired the best way it can be.

Thing is, there is no universal standard for this stuff that I am aware of, so there has probably been several different schemes used for the camera power connection.

If the display is turning white, my guess is that the camera is not designed for full time use (backup situations only), and the camera is overheating.

Cameras that are used for general purpose photography commonly have overheating issues when used for video for more than a few minutes, and I suspect the camera installed on your rig may not have a long "on" time before overheating.

Again, when used as a backup camera, it probably works OK, but when used for a rear-ward monitor and is on all the time is maybe when it overheats.

Just my guess.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum