Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 02:00 PM   #16
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Ok, I see what you guys are getting at.
dmcostello01, so you are thinking that your radio is powered by the chassis system?
Mine is most definitely powered by the house battery. If I press the "store" switch to disengage the house battery, the radio will not power up even with the chassis engine running

.... A couple comments based on my experiences so far
When I picked mine up it was not configured to show the camera image in Reverse gear..... it was either on or off, toggled by the icon on the screen.

After goofing around in the settings several different times, & flipping through the manual on my second to the last trip out, i found a way to set it so that reverse gear would toggle camera display. I was happy.
But....
even after rskrbina's very helpful response to my OP about turning the unit off, I'm still not comfortable that it's powering down, as it seems to be just in sleep mode with all lights off.... which is still a good thing to have, so thank you rskrbina!
so
I installed a manual battery disconnect switch to both my chassis and house batteries... well not solely because of the radio, but a factor.
then
on my last trip out, I found that by disconnecting the batteries, i of course killed the memory to the radio which unfortunately wipe dthe setting to toggle the cam in reverese gear, and after two short sessions of flipping through the menus I can't find the blasted thing again! Ugh!!! When i have a little time, I guess I'll have to sit down with the manual again.

Maybe yet another reason to get a solar trickle charger so I can preserve the radio's memory.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum