Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 09:06 PM   #47
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
The diagram is generic. The aux start switch is in there somewhere to hook the two battery banks together and bypass the BIRD and Trombetta. I don't know exactly how Thor hooks it up and I wasn't interested enough to ask. As long as it works when I push the button I am happy. The one in my first Vegas did not. That was one of many warrantee items in 2014.
My 2 cents....

The diagram of the BIRD does not look generic to me, at least for that particular model. All wires to the microprocessor have to be installed in the right location or it won't work as intended.

I agree the wiring is simple. There is one wire from chassis to measure engine battery voltage. Another wire from house battery is used to measure that battery voltage and also appears to supply BIRD power. Another wire is output to fire isolator relay when needed. There is the ground. The fifth wire is a auxiliary engine start in case the chassis battery is dead and house batteries are good enough to start the engine. That wire should force microprocessor unit to bypass most or all program logic in order to jump-start the engine.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum