Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 12:03 AM   #20
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
You are talking about when you are plugged in to a 115V plug at the house right? Are you sure it is a 30 amp circuit and not a 15amp circuit?

When the A/C compressor starts it can draw 12-18 amps. When the refrigerator compressor kicks in that could be another 8 amps. That puts the draw at 23 amps. And at 105 degrees outside the refrigerator is going to be working hard to cool down.

The converter in the RV is operating and that also has a draw but I don't know what that might be. The converter is producing DC and there may be battery charging current going to the house batteries, the smoke detector is drawing about an amp, the carbon monoxide detector draws another amp.

You also need to consider the cable you have plugged in -- that is whether its low, medium, or high load extension cord.

It doesn't surprise me that you are tripping your house circuit breaker. Unless you really need it, I wouldn't run the refrigerator if you are going to be running the RV A/C.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum