Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 02:04 AM   #53
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinster30 View Post
Waiting for my new BIRD and isolated relay (solenoid) to arrive tomorrow. Replacing both to be sure I correct my problem in one shot. THOR believes it is the BIRD, however, after playing with the relay, I am not convinced that it is not bad also.

Discovered that the alternator was not charging the house batteries when driving. The leveling system would show "low voltage" unless on shore power or generator. The converter is charging the house batteries.

Purchased the relay in the diagram above, that is a Intellitec brand. The supplier I used for the BIRD does not carry the Trombetta brand.

Will post results after the week end and maybe knowledge on which unit was bad.
I hope it solves your problem. Before you disconnected the BIRD, did you check and see what voltage it was receiving? When I checked mine, I found that the voltage being fed into the BIRD (supposedly from the house batteries) was different than the house batteries. I don't know what the BIRD was hooked to, but it was not the house batteries. When I hooked the wire to the house battery side of the Trombetta, everything worked normally.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum