Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 10:46 PM   #38
Ghpenn64

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #4878
Slide Issue

Thanks for the heads up on running the slide all the way in or out. I was doing that as a regular practice anyway. But it did not seem to help in the beginning. The slide still came in crooked and ripped a big hole in the vinyl flooring. Then it ripped another big hole later. So I had the flooring replaced and got another hole in the floor. The system has been retrofitted so it's supposed to be fixed however there are some aluminum plates that were installed for the rollers to roll on and the screws are coming out of the plates. In addition, the refrigerator now rocks back and forth when you operate the slide and causes damage to the cabinets that the fridge sits in. I think the fridge cabinet will have to be rebuilt. The pantry thing never did work correctly. I think they should have had a door there with some wire baskets that you put out instead of an entire shelf system that goes in and out. It will come open at every left turn. Seems like they weren't thinking this design through as well as they could have.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.