Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Used vs New RV
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 02:43 AM   #7
TerryJames

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.2 E-450
State: Texas
THOR #4181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari1975 View Post
Terry James

Good information. Is CW encouraged to reduce used RVs also.
Correction, I should have been clearer : Just a thought on either used or new RV purchase from Camping World. While many on this Forum and elsewhere have documented some problems with Camping World we have had good experience so far with CW. (We have no relationship with CW other than purchase)
Having said that; I'm thinking there may be an RV purchase leverage opportunity in the short term with CW. It’s our understanding that currently all CW locations are being encouraged to reduce RV inventory. This is driven by the CW corporate goal of positioning CW for an IPO later this year.
So it you are buying a new RV according to your exact specifications to Thor this could be very attractive to CW since they can pass on such a factory order unit without increasing their RV inventory and I believe such a purchase does not count on their Thor unit allocation either. Alternatively, if you find an RV on their lot which fits your needs, you may be able to negotiate quite aggressively knowing they are potentially motivated to reduce inventory in the short term.
(About 6 weeks ago we actually used a sealed bidding process and communication to select our supply dealer from 7 contacted and we considered delivery, warranty work and service work. We were able to purchase new at 34% off MSRP)
I hope this is useful. Just my thoughts ... not coming from anyone at CW.
Best Regards, James

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum