Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 06:08 PM   #17
Bob n Abby

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.2
State: Florida
THOR #1382
Proud owner of a 2015 A.C.E. 29.2... Layout is perfect for the two of us. Love the GIANT storage in back.
PROS- Storage, Layout, Driveability, Price point
CONS- Factory workmanship, Camping World purchase

I've spent 30 years in manufacturing Quality Assurance and cannot believe the issues with workmanship. I understand that the parts are the same as much better ( costlier) brands, so the corner that's cut tends to be the build... I ended up with a punch list of about 19 issues, all of which I resolved myself. (i.e., sloppy woodworking, loose parts, A/C fan switch not plugged in to dash panel, poorly installed sliding door to master bedroom, exterior door latch alignment, etc. After a few months, the LED lights on the awning shorted out ( replacement received directly from manufacturer instead of THOR). After 2000 miles, the right rear axle seal started to leak resolved by Ford per the chassis warranty. I refused to allow Camping World (75 miles from home) from taking her for potentially MONTHS to fix the things that should have been resolved before it left the lot. It was my first RV purchase, so ' caviate emptor' (spelling?)...
WOULD I BUY IT AGAIN.? Yes. I realize it was an entry level 'value-priced' product, but we love it... I really could not beat the price. As long as I can resolve any longer term durability issue ( if there are any), I'll be happy.

PS This model has done some changes over its life 2011-2017... Location and size of black tank, generator, with or without macerator, etc. we have the non-macerator smaller black water tank, rear generator. Version, but haven't had any issues. We don't boondock a lot, so we haven't had tank limitations impact us yet. Moving the generator aft , while taking up some storage space, resolved a heat issue from aledgedly being too close to the engine.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.