Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Miramar 34.2
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 01:02 AM   #84
Bob Montgomery

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianh442 View Post
The issue with the slide starts with the tracks. I started noticing the forward rails were showing signs of wear, I started finding small pieces of metal shavings on the floor behind the drivers seat. Then I started noticing as the slide would extend and retract, As it hit the mid point it would noticeably drop, while extending. While retracting, the motors would labor and it would not track evenly, the front would move a little, then the rear half would begrudgingly start to move. Sometimes it would just stop!! Wouldn't budge! I would have to extend it back out and start over again! How frustrating!!!!!

There have been times when it's taken 15 minutes to get the thing all the way in! As it retracts, it seems when it first starts it is pulling uphill, and when it finally hits the mid point, the whole slide kinda drops and lurches and seems to fall back into its tracks and will retract normally!

When the slide is fully in or fully extended, there doesn't appear to be any water leaks, so the seals are okay. I was looking at a washer and dryer, but I'm a little reluctant now, not sure what another couple hundred pounds on the slide would do to it!!

I've heard similar stories, and apperently a slide of this size and weight should have a total of six rails and motors, not four. So the four motors just aren't strong enough to move the ginormous slide!!!!
Just asking, but have you ever opened or closed your slides part way? With this system you must hold the button until the slides are all the way out or in plus 3 or 4 seconds which keeps the motors in sync. If you don't you can get them out of sync and then you could get into big trouble. There is a procedure to re-sync them. You can do a search of the forum and there are links to youtube videos showing how to do it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum