Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 12:57 PM   #70
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
You're right, the BIRD has had time to sense the voltage and since the system works from alternator to coach batteries, the BIRD and Trombetta seem to be working. My point is, pushing the aux start button may not verify that the Trombetta (isolator relay) is operating. I think that Thor has the aux start switch wired completely separately from the Trombetta and pushing that switch just hard wire connects the two battery systems without closing the Trombetta. For the BIRD to open the Trombetta when on shore power it has to sense 12.5 v at the house bank. It does that thru the red wire going into the BIRD. If the red wire coming out of the BIRD is not connected to the house bank the BIRD will not receive the information it needs to open the Trombetta and charge the chassis battery. It looks to me that my system had the same issue as yours. I solved it by rerouting the red wire.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum