Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 01:00 PM   #12
NC Hauler

Brand: DRV
Model: 36RSSB3
State: West Virginia
THOR #4763
The way I do it is load up my truck just like I'm going camping, wife, dogs, full tank of fuel and DEF and get that weight anytime...(just weigh the truck minus the 5er)...next time you are hooked to your 5er, weigh the combo and do the math..see if any weight was added to the steer axle, (could be a small portion of your pin weight), then look at drive axle weight when you were empty and compare to hooked up, (the difference with steer and drive weight would be your pin weight)..Trailer axles weight is how much weight you have on those axles..add the pin weight to the trailer axle weight and that gives you your trailers total GVW...hope that helped.

Jim

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum