Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 06:46 PM   #12
Ag&Au

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Washington
THOR #4719
With a motor home, it would depend on the composition of the glass in the motorhome. However in the recent past, I have used only on-glass antennas for VHF/UHF mobile work. They work well (unless the glass has some metallic content), are easy to mount, and when removed (and the glue cleaned up), leave no scars.

For HF, I would definitely mount it on the bumper making sure to be as far away from vertical aluminum framing as possible. Perhaps mount it on a metal plate platform you build to mount on bumper.

Ken W7TS

P.S. I can't find a picture of the rear of a Vegas. If it has a fiberglass cover over bumper, I would see if I could build a bracket to attach to the frame and come out just below the bumper. I am a big proponent of "Leave No Scars".

One more comment:

This is my personal opinion only. I have, by observing others' experiences, come to believe that it is best to to do as little messing around with an RV's roof as possible. A little slip can cause a lot of work later.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum