Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 12:13 PM   #20
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
As others have said

Don't accept delivery until; you are satisfied a good PDI is complete and all items have been worked off to your satisfaction.

Thor warranty support for me has been excellent. They do have their front line of defense that is instructed to say minimize claims and cost but all large manufacturers have the same. I encountered this twice with Thor. The first time was when my slide motor cable came unplugged during the shakedown cruise. After talking to the individual suffering from the ID 10 T error, I hung up and called back that time talking to someone with a brain. The second time was my last warranty visit after returning from a trip when my Axxerra radio was loosing power on the way home. The coach was outside the warranty but the radio had already been replaced under warranty. After reminding this individual that the repair had not been successful during the first replacement they transferred me to their supervisor who authorized the repair outside warranty and shipped the radio to the dealer that day.

I will not darken the doorway of a Camping World with my presence for any reason. In Nashville, TN the Camping World salesman tried selling us an Outlaw that was in for service. My first experience with camping world was when we were looking at the Miramar I had 3 specific questions I asked CW in Roanoke, VA, one concerning the full wall slide, and although they called numerous times to tell me about all of the Miramar 34.2 models available for transfer they never answered any of my questions. The only reason I keep my Good Sam membership is the 5 cent discount on gas at Pilot/Flying J.

Extended warranties are a matter of preference. I get them. On my previous Class C I used mine twice for repair and then when I traded the unit in I received a refund for the entire cost minus the costs of repairs made. My current one covers everything except wear and tear items and also has a cancellation provision of full cost minus repairs.

One thing I learned in my years of Rv'ing is the sales department is an extremely short term relationship while the service department is long term. The Sales Manager at my Lincoln dealer likes to point out that his sales staff sells the first car while the service department sells the rest. I recommend looking at rvservicereviews.com to research any prospective dealers service department.

That's my 2 bits.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.