Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 02:43 PM   #5
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Arrow

I mounted our King Tailgater2 mobile satellite dish unit on the rear of the roof, right behind our 2nd a/c unit, and near the ladder so that it's easy to reach if I need to turn it or bring it down for reception. I also ran my dedicated coax cables up the rear of the coach ladder, with probably 100' of extra cable wrapped around my a/c unit so that I have plenty of options.
Most of the time I never have to touch the satellite dish, but sometimes if parked near a tree I can move it somewhere else on the roof, or if in a campground I can also bring it down and move it on the ground to an area that can get all three satellites...

I used only two small threaded 'standoffs', which have mounted holes for small screws, as the mounts. These are located below two of the existing holes already in the King Tailgater2 base. These small screws only go so far into the roof as through the TPO and through the roof wood base, but no far enough to protrude into the roof interior. I also caulked these well. I then installed two threaded 'studs' to provide a place for the Tailgater base to slide down on.

You can then simply place the satellite dish unit down onto the two studs, and add two nuts, if you wish, though the unit is probably not going anywhere without them.

Makes for an easy and accessible satellite roof mount, and provides an out-of-the-way place to store your dish.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7820354-11.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	2583  
Attached Images

TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.