Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Security
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 07:44 PM   #22
petef

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
My RV was broken into sometime in the last week at a 24hr security gated stoarge place.. I am assuming it was an inside job as you need a card to open the gate. They stole everything, solar panel, a 22 pistol, a tablet, CB radio, metal detector, tool kit, fist aid kit, remotes for TVs, all the little things you have on board. I admit I was foolish to leave any valuable items on board, that was stupid. But the thought of hauling all the stuff back and forth eveytime I went on a trip made me do it, and I had a false sense of security. They did no damage inside but ransacked it pretty good. I am now in the process of replacing the stuff.. also trying to figure what I need to do to secure it better. Somehow they just picked the door locks and got in. My coach has awnings on this side so I have a big chain now going across the door so it can not be opened without cutting the chain. I am going to get some battery operated motion sensors and put them inside, so if someone gets in again at least there will be noise, maybe security will come. And looks like I will be lugging an extra suitcase every trip now with all my valuables in it. I am worried about the lower cargo spaces, they took the keys to them. These things are not really that secure even when I rekey them...maybe will add motion alarms to a couple that have stuff in them

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.