Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 01:52 PM   #7
Techn0

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #4160
Dave,

Those are all fair arguments... if we could get all of the dealers to fix those items that shook lose. From what I have read in many cases, the person that drove it to the dealer didn't care about the coach, didn't treat the engine well, towed their vehicle (shouldn't tow anything the first 1K miles), and just didn't give it the love that an owner would. I was at Camping World in Houston about a month ago and they had in a new 2017 Challenger 37LX. It was already beat up on the outside and inside. I think some of it was from potential buyers playing with them and not opening/closing the slides all the way, pulling drawers to hard, rusted tow hitch, and a few other items that just shouldn't be on a brand new coach. Yes, I know that is Camping World and I believe that neither of us like them. On the other side of that negative Nancy, there are some great dealers out there, it is just the 10-20 percent that makes everyone else look bad.

I will be camping in Total Value RV's lot with full hookups for at least 2-3 days to identify everything. The great thing about being so close to the factory is if I do identify something major, we can take it directly to Thor Service Center. I guess I am a little cynical and have some trust issues. I would prefer to know everything about my coach and know it less grimy hands were on it between me and the factory.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum