Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 10:19 PM   #3
JDHoge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31F
State: Georgia
THOR #631
Members,
Some photos of what I did are added below, but first, the verbal description.
Problem: Our 2013 Thor Four Winds 31F had a fairly large area on the left side kitchen slide out that only held the drain for the kitchen sink. When I first looked at it I thought that maybe something was missing or hadn't been ordered or included bc the area was so large! Photo 1 shows the length of the area.

So I kept thinking about how to use this wasted space and finally decided that I would put in three steel frame members that could support the weight of a grill or the horse stall mat levelers that we made. (Horse stall levelers are heavy rubber mats that are virtually indestructible.)

So I bought three 6 foot lengths of angle iron from Lowes and made three steel frames that I bolted to the cross members of he RV. (see remaining photos).

In order to do this project you've got to have some tools and a welder and some muscle to run a drill while on your back under the RV.

But all in all it was a fun project that I hope will give us the storage space we needed for our levelers.

John
Athens, GA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Empty area.JPG
Views:	279
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	115   Click image for larger version

Name:	Metal Brackets.JPG
Views:	280
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	116  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Detail of Brackets.JPG
Views:	267
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	117  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum