Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 01:39 PM   #3
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy View Post
....cut... Am considering A/C duct sheet metal but wonder about using an insulative type material used in boats. .....cut....
As I recall reading about the proposed fix, it was to keep the motorhome's engine heat while driving away from the generator. If that's the case, I would look at this not so much as a shield but rather as a device to divert hot air around the generator and at same time promote cooler air from side of motorhome (away from engine) to flow over the generator. In that sense I don't think using insulation rather than sheet metal will help much -- heat transfer at 60 MPH relative to mass flow should be insignificant.

I agree with Dave, anything that blocks air flow necessary to keep generator cool will make risk of overheating worse. I'd proceed with much caution.

By the way, I've assumed your 29.2 is the ACE model with generator just behind driver (we looked at one which is why I remembered this issue). If that's not correct, please disregard these comments.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum